Monday, January 19, 2009

Go see NOTORIOUS



When I first heard that they were making this movie I was skeptical because it didn't seem like it was that long ago when I was watching the "JUICY" music video while I was getting dressed for school. I recall how "G" I felt while grinding at school dances to "Big Poppa". It feels like yesterday when I caught the bus to the mall and bought Life After Death, put disc 1 in my Discman and didnt part with those two cds for months. All that to say, it was pretty hard for me to imagine someone playing Christopher Wallace in a movie so soon after his death even though it has been 12 years. I was thinking "Who the fuck is Gravy" "Derek Luke is gonna be a corny ass Diddy" "Who the fuck is gonna play Pac?"........The day finally came- January 16th 2009. Me and my Black Hollywood critics took to the theater to see if the movie could compare in anyway to the epic real life story of the Notorious B.I.G. .......From start to finish the move was surprisingly good. All of the actors did far better than I expected, well, all except for one. Derek Luke played a believable Puffy but his flaw was the single worst part of this film....PLEASE DO NOT RAP ANYMORE MR. DEREK LUKE. Other than that, I have nothing else negative to say about this movie. The original chick from 3LW played a DOPE Lil Kim (besides her cute ass titties, grrrrr!) and the lil dude that played Lil Cease added something special to NOTORIOUS. All and all, I enjoyed the movie and I reccomend EVERYONE sees this movie. It left me wishing I didnt know Biggies story just so I could experience those moments for the first time. Anywho, go check the shit out- it'll be woth your $10 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment